Thursday, September 10, 2009

Never Forgotten Always Missed..

Today I saw an eagle,
With a teardrop in his eye.
It literally took my breath away,
To see an eagle cry.
I asked him, What's the matter?
,And he told me what he saw.
A cowardly attack was made,
On the towers that once stood tall.
He said everything he stood for,
Had taken a shocking blow.
So he had to take a moment,
To let his own emotions show.
Then he proudly told me,
That our Nation would survive.
That our Liberty and Freedom,
He'd be sure to keep alive.
He said for us not to be afraid,
To stand together, not apart.
For a terrorist has succeeded,
If he puts fear within our hearts.
Author, currently unknown
Photobucket
It's hard to believe that 8 years have passed since that terrible day.
My heart, my love and my prayers go to those that lost their lives that day and also to those that were left behind.
WE GIVE THEM back to you, dear Lord, who gave them to us.
Yet as you do not lose them in giving, so we have not lost them by their return.
Please click on the picture for a video memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment